Description of activity aim: GPs will be alerted to the importance of the patient-centred approach in physical examination and rapport building. The activity aims to provide attendees with the evidence-based clinical examination methods to correctly elicit physical signs and to form a working diagnosis with various differential diagnosis in mind. The practical components of the workshop offer GPs with ample opportunities to practise the acquired skills and knowledge amongst study pairs/groups. Relevance to general practice: From the literature review and Needs Assessment, the workshop is designed to focus on physical examinations that are usually encountered in GP settings. It has a strong emphasis on developing a unifying approach towards physical examination for both Australia-trained and overseas-trained doctors in various stages of their careers. Every doctor/IMG (International Medical Graduate) should have excellent knowledge and skills to perform a comprehensive physical examination. Physical examination plays a critical role in deciding the hemodynamic stability of the patient in the emergency department, which significantly alters patient management and outcome. This workshop will cover the general physical and focused system examination of different body systems. Physical examination is an essential component of any doctor-patient interaction in different clinical settings. It helps us not only to identify the different system involvement in any particular disease but to monitor the disease progression as well.The PHYSICAL EXAMINATION WORKSHOP is approved with 30 CPD Activity Points allocated in the RACGP 2020-22 Triennium.
This activity has been approved by the RACGP for 11 points CPD activity in the 2020-22 Triennium 11 CPD Activity Points Activity ID: 187778 Intravenous access is crucial in the management of the majority of the patients presenting in the general practice as well as in the hospital. Nurses are also welcome to attend this workshop. Venue: ARIMGSAS 5th Floor / 3 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne 3004 VIC
ONLY AVAILABLE IN MELBOURNE PESCI Preparation workshop is a series of face to face classes done over a 2-day period (total 10 Hours). A PESCI is an objective assessment of your knowledge, skills, clinical experience and attributes to determine whether you are suitable to practise in a specific position. This activity is pending RACGP approval for CPD points for 2020 – 2022 Triennium.
RACGP approval for CPD points for 2020–2022 triennium Implanon Training: This workshop is pending RACGP approval for CPD points for 2020–2022 triennium ARIMGSAS team welcomes you to Women’s Health Workshop/ Implanon Training which will assist you in improving your clinical skills, this will help you to fill your professional Gap. This workshop is conducted by experienced Doctors working in Gynecology and Obstetrics departments in Australian Teaching Hospitals such as Box Hill Hospital, Austin Hospital and Mercy Hospital for Women. Workshop outline, Theoretical presentations and Case discussions on: · Contraceptive methods · Cervical cancer screen according to new guidelines · Irregular vaginal bleed · Role of HRT in menopause management. Hands-on practical session under supervision includes · Pelvic examinations on medical mannequins · Correct technique for HPV screening (according to new guidelines) · Breast examination on medical mannequins · Implanon insertion technique Followed by the opportunity for you to discuss your questions and clear your doubts from the Doctors in relation to Gynecology and Obstetrics topics. Correct techniques of procedures and examinations will be demonstrated by the tutors followed by hands-on experience. *Predisposing activities will help you to assess your skills and knowledge before the workshop and you can focus on developing your skills in the workshop. *Reinforcing activities will assist you in building your knowledge and assessing and improving your skills.Women's Health: This activity is pending
Suturing, Diagnosis and Management of Benign and Malignant Skin Lesions Workshop This activity is pending RACGP approval for CPD points for the 2020-2022 Triennium. The Suturing, Diagnosis and Management of Benign and Malignant Skin Lesions Workshop covers topics on Wound evaluation as to type of wound, complications and different wound management. There will be introductory presentations on the different suturing needles and techniques. After demonstrations of the suturing technique by the facilitator, participants get to practice their skill with the feedback from the facilitator. There will also topics of:
- Digital Blocks
- Drainage of a Paronychia Abscess
- Suturing / Knot tieing – The correct way to tie off sutures. The different times to use Vertical Mattress Knots v Horizontal Mattress Knots
- Lacerations – Suturing a laceration surgically
This activity is pending RACGP approval for CPD points for the 2020–22 trienniumECG Workshop, Part 1 & Part 2 provides you with the ability to interpret the electrocardiogram (ECG) which is an essential skill for doctors.
Venue :Best Care Medical Clinic, Blacktown 4 Lock St, Black Town, NSW 2148 (Please apply online to save your seat in the course and contact us for any other queries on +61 3 98673344 )
RACGP Accredited Workshops for 5 CPD Points to Cover Your Professional Gap. The practical part of the session includes the DRSABCD action plan
- Demonstration of a Defibrillator
- One and two operators CPR
- Choking and what to do for a visibly pregnant woman
- Techniques for adults, children and infants are covered
- Using an Epipen
- Management of Anaphylaxis
- Lateral recovery position in an unconscious patient
- Use of Airway Adjuncts, Gudels, LMA, I-Gel, Nasopharyngeal
- Application of a Cervical Collar in a patient with suspected neck injury
- RESPOND in an emergency situation
- APPLY appropriate first aid procedures
- COMMUNICATE details of the incident
- EVALUATE your own performance
This Seminar is on Commonly Asked Recent Topics by Dr Amir 2 Day Online Workshop Time: Saturday & Sunday 6th, 7th June from 9am-1pm & 1:30pm-4:30pm Topics: Recent Medicine, Paediatrics and Physical Examination. Essential topics for the AMC Clinical Exam.
- Please download the registration form after purchasing the workshop.
- Follow the instruction on "Registration Link" to register with your name and email address. (Registration Essential)
- You can also download the ZOOM Instruction to follow the ZOOM easy-to-install instruction.
- Conservative management
- Removal of the nail edge
- Complete removal of the nail
- Wedge resection
- Zadek operation Also - Informed consent, treatment indications, difficult cases, bandaging, post-operative care, managing problems and billing.
ACRRM and RACGP PESCI Examination, with this workshop you will learn how to pass PESCI with the help of our skilled tutors. Online PESCI Preparation workshop is a series of online classes done over a 5 days period. A PESCI is an objective assessment of your knowledge, skills, clinical experience and attributes to determine whether you are suitable to practise in a specific position.With our Online PESCI course/workshop we will prepare you ACCRM or RACGP. This PESCI course is online and you can lear how to pass your PESCI online We prepare you for all aspects of
Choose a date below to start the enrolmentYou can choose either RACGP, ACRRM or both. If you choose both, you will be attending two consecutive weeks starting from RACGP (week one) and following by ACRRM (week two). Please note that running the course depends on the number of enrolment. If the number is insufficient you will be refunded.
The ARIMGSAS Interpretation of Laboratory Tests Workshop is a workshop that aims to upskill participants especially IMGs in the selection of appropriate pathology tests, interpretation of results, identification of critically abnormal results, seeking information regarding further testing, and increasing awareness of the regulations around Medicare funding.
Venue :Hello Home Doctor Service Suite 14 , Level 2 , Tower A , 1 Springfield Lakes Blvd Springfield Lakes Q 4301 (Please apply online to save your seat in the course and contact us for any other queries on +61 3 98673344 )
- 3days of Physical Examination with access to mannequins
- 2days of roleplays including Obstetrics & Gynecology/Medicine/Surgery/Psychiatrics and Pediatrics
- Your approach to the patient will be monitored
- Your accuracy and sequence of the examination will be monitored
- Your accuracy and sequence of roleplay will be monitored
- At the end, detailed feedback will be provided by our trained tutors
- Focused and relevant history taking and physical examination techniques
- Time management in dealing with short and long cases
- Formulating a differential diagnosis and managing undifferentiated patient symptoms
- Communication skills
- Legal and ethical aspects of medical practice in Australia
- Tackling Viva Voce cases
- Study techniques
- Approaching a variety of cases on General Practice with possible hidden agenda
- Social and Cultural awareness: Managing cases of patient from multicultural background, Refugee Health, Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) health, a patient from the non-speaking background, etc
- Awareness of available patient supports allied health services and MBS items.
- 8 sessions, 3 hours/session and One mock OSCE session
- Fast-track, comprehensive workshops on common OSCE cases with a focus on the short case, long case, PE and Viva cases
- General evaluation post-Mock OSCE