The best interpretation of laboratory test workshop for IMGs in Australia.
The lack of confidence in interpreting laboratory test results may be directly related, to the sparse training in laboratory medicine provided in most medical schools. Informed consent from the patient should be obtained.
The medical practitioners have the responsibility (clinically and economically) to be very discerning and selective in the investigations that they choose. The questions that should be asked in decision-making include:
- Is this investigation necessary?
- Will it change my management?
- Will this ultimately benefit the patient?
- This workshop should answer these questions.
Pathology, imaging and other forms of investigation have a critical role in medical practice in the screening, diagnosis, and monitoring of diseases. Good understanding is critical to good practice and patient outcomes.
1. Design and implement a guideline for selection of appropriate pathology tests.
2. Interpret common and complex laboratory results in the context of the clinical presentation.
3. Identify critically abnormal results and construct a system for follow-up.
4. Liaise with laboratory staff to seek extra information regarding result interpretation and further testing if needed.
5. Distinguish which laboratory tests are covered by Medicare according to specific clinical criteria.
Friday 11 Aug 2017 9:45am – Saturday 12 Aug 2017 4:00pm
The most commonly requested lab tests in general practice
Interpretation of the most commonly encountered abnormal results
Requesting further appropriate laboratory tests
Pathology tests requested for specific clinical presentations
Interpretation of biochemical function tests
New pathology guidelines
Common clinical scenarios
To enrol choose your preferred date and click add to cart
The full amount will be deducted on application as fees for the workshop
Applications close one week before the start date
No refunds will be provided if you cancel your application.
All fees must be paid in full to confirm your place.
Should you be unable to attend, a substitute participant is always welcome or you can postpone your enrolment (subject to availability). Please inform us at least two weeks prior to start date should you wish to substitute or postpone your place.
A 1% surcharge applies to Payments made through PayPal and stripe.