Intravenous access is crucial in the management of the majority of the patients presenting in the general practice as well as in the hospital.
Intravenous Cannulation is vital for the collection of the blood to do the investigations and to administer the fluids & medications. It is routinely used by the doctors in the general practice and hospitals making it one of the vital skills.
IV Cannulation workshop is conducted as 1 day programme which particularly focuses on the learning needs of the doctors working in the general practice and hospitals.
- Review anatomy and physiology of the veins and arteries
- Client preparation and education.
- IV cannulation site selection
- Special precautions and safety considerations
- Cannula selection
- Safe use of local anaesthetic and infection control issues
- IV cannulation procedure
- Complications related to the procedure
- Competency assessment on a simulation model arm
At the completion of this workshop students would have gained knowledge about IV Cannulation.
Also, the participant will receive a certificate for attending the workshop.
At the successful completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
1. Improve patient safety by following aseptic precautions during IV cannulation.
2. Confidently select the size of the cannula and site for cannulation.
3. Efficiently perform the IV cannulation procedure.
4. Recognise the complications associated with the cannulation and manage it effectively.
To enrol choose your preferred date and click add to cart
The full amount will be deducted on application as fees for the workshop
Applications close one week before the start date
No refunds will be provided if you cancel your application.
All fees must be paid in full to confirm your place.
Should you be unable to attend, a substitute participant is always welcome or you can postpone your enrolment (subject to availability). Please inform us at least two weeks prior to start date should you wish to substitute or postpone your place.
A 1% surcharge applies to Payments made through PayPal and stripe.