RACGP Accredited Workshops for 5 CPD Points to Cover Your Professional Gap.
The practical part of the session includes the DRSABCD action plan
- Demonstration of a Defibrillator
- One and two operator CPR
- Choking and what to do for a visibly pregnant woman
- Techniques for adults, children and infants are covered
- Using an Epipen
- Management of Anaphylaxis
- Lateral recovery position in unconscious patient
- Use of Airway Adjuncts, Gudels, LMA, I-Gel, Nasopharyngeal
- Application of a Cervical Collar in a patient with suspected neck injury
A professional booklet and certificate is given to each participant.
All participants will also need to bring their USI number with them on the day. From Jan 1st 2016, EVERYONE (including doctors) attending any training course are required to have a Unique Student Identification number. Please google USI.gov.au and follow the steps. Apply as a ‘student’ and you’ll need your license or medicare card. It takes about 10 mins.
CPR and defibrillation training HLTAID001 Provide CPR Nationally Recognised
- RESPOND in an emergency situation
- APPLY appropriate first aid procedures
- COMMUNICATE details of the incident
- EVALUATE your own performance